Yee-haw! Hit the recreational trails at Dundas Valley Conservation Area and explore on horseback. Enjoy the new day-use corrals in the main parking lot while stopping for a lunch break. Parking for horse trailers is available at the main Dundas Valley parking lot, located at 650 Governor’s Road.
Galloping on HCA trails is NOT permitted.
What can you expect?
- Inexperienced recreational trail users who may not know what to do around horses or users who are intimidated by large horses.
What is your responsibility?
- Manage your animals and don’t bring ‘green’ horses into HCA areas. Familiarize horses with expected trail encounters, such as; cyclists, dogs, strollers, etc.
- Negotiate safe passes.
- Greet users early.
- Keep to the right of the trail. When passing others, always pass in a single file at a walk.
- Expect the unexpected. Small children, animals and the elderly can be unpredictable or frightened by horses.
- Stay on trail at all times. Do not ride in mowed fields, into creek or stream beds or off designated trails.
- Kick or otherwise remove manure from the trail.
Where to go?
Horses are permitted at Christie Lake, Dundas Valley and Westfield Heritage Village.
Don’t miss the Equestrain Campout every August! Visit our events page to learn more.